Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Love Supreme

Sometimes they call Carolina Hurricanes forward Erik Cole "the Cole Train." My other Cole sign is only useful in December, so I thought he deserved another. I trust that y'all know that John Coltrane's "A Love Supreme" is considered one of the greatest jazz albums of all time. I'm not a huge jazz fan; I was just working the pun.

I asked my husband if he'd be ok with me essentially declaring in writing my love for another man in front of thousands of people. He said he was secure enough in our relationship that he thought it would be ok, considering that Erik is married, too. It probably helped that it was the last game of the season and the Canes needed all the support they could get to make it into the playoffs. Alas, there was apparently not enough mojo in my trusty Sharpie, and the Canes did not make the playoffs. With all that money I won't be spending on playoff tickets, at least I can buy a whole lot of new Sharpies and hope for better mojo next year. And I've got a long summer to think up new signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment