Friday, January 6, 2012

Discount Pizza

Sometimes local businesses partner with the Canes to offer promotional discounts and freebies under certain circumstances. For example, several seasons ago, if the Canes scored a goal in the last minute of the first period, all fans in attendance could get a free gallon of windshield washer fluid by presenting their tickets at, I want to say, Advance Auto Parts. Last year, and I think this year, if the Canes score five goals in a game, anyone who asks can get free queso at local Moe's restaurants the next day.

New this year is the offer of a 50% discount on online orders from Papa John's the day after a Canes win. The offer is good for online orders in North and South Carolina and Georgia, with the secret code "CANIAC." Therefore, "I want discount pizza" means I want the Canes to win.

I didn't realize I hadn't blogged this sign yet and forgot to take a picture at the arena. It appeared on the Jumbotron during the first period tonight, and I got my wish.

I don't know how long this promotion will be in effect and how long this sign will make sense. But to this day, my husband is still known to yell, "I WANT FREE WINDSHIELD WIPER FLUID!" after the one-minute warning in the first period.

No comments:

Post a Comment