Monday, November 29, 2010

Snot Stevens

While rifling through some old signs, I found this one that I apparently forgot to photograph and upload. It refers to Scott Stevens, then of the New Jersey Devils.

Some of my signs pre-date camera phones. The first ones that I ever made, I probably threw away right after the game. I remember leaving one on the windshield of a car belonging to a visiting Montreal Canadiens fan in the parking lot. It soon dawned on me that I could save them and reuse most of them. Now I have a hard time discarding any of them. Even when one of the Canes players gets traded, it's as likely as not he'll eventually return someday. Still, the day is coming when I'll have to chuck some of them into the recycle bin.

Maybe I should cut them up and make confetti. Is confetti allowed in the arena? The cleanup crew might hate that. Perhaps I could save it for a special occasion, like another Cup win.

No comments:

Post a Comment